Friday, August 31, 2007

Week 9, thing 22: Audiobooks

Since I deal with Books on cd on an almost daily basis, I found this to one to be extremely interesting. As per instructions, I went through the NetLibrary tutorial, and then established an account with NetLibrary. Wow, what a resource for people who enjoy audio books. I typed in a few classics, and they came up. Then I typed in a few names of historical figures I admire. They too showed up. Then I explored the "Browse by subject" bar on the right side of the screen. Everything is neatly catergorized under it's appropriate subject. After exploring that, I'm already finding books that I would like to read (or listen to) for myself in the future (although I think I'll try to locate them in physical book form at my library first). Even for those who prefer to read a book, rather than listen to it, NetLibrary offeres books in text form- a nice benefit for those who are homebound. Again, like many of the other online tools and resources we've learned about throughout 23 things, very often it was something I had heard about it, but never took the time to explore for myself. NetLibrary, like many of the other 2.0 resources I've learned about, will become a welcome part of my online journeys for now on.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Thanx for giving right resource. Mac your digital learning material is awesome. I came across ”Audio Books”
which also has excellent resource. I hope it will help you.