Thursday, August 30, 2007

Week 8, thing 19: Web 2.0 Awards

Without a doubt this was the most fun I've had yet. I like to play games, but with my schedule I never have the time. I've seen kids playing games online before but I never took the time to explore it for myself. With this assignment, to explore a web 2.0 award site, I decided to check out one of the online gaming sites (Arcaplay). Wow, did this take me back. Besides new ones, they have all the old classic arcade games that I remember from the 1980's (probably the only good thing I remember from the 80's). They have Space Invaders, Donkeykong, and of course the one that really sparked the whole arcade and gaming craze- pacman. As a kid I enjoyed playing arcade games, but I was never as good as some of my friends, who could make one quarter last an hour. Yes, after all these years I can now rest peacefully having finally rescued the princess (I'm just a romantic at heart) at the top of the skyscraper in Donkeykong. Arcaplay has many, many different games to choose from. But of course I couldn't spend too much time looking around (although it would be very easy to do) as I must press on. So yes, I had fun, and again was very surprised and impressed at the wealth of games and other fun sites offered on the web.

No comments: