Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Week 6,thing 13: Del.icio.us

With a name like Del.icio.us how can you not get excited! From what I've been able to gather Del.icio.us is really just a sophisticated bookmarking tool. It helps you bookmark web pages and tags to help catergorize things, making it easier in the long run to find the things you're looking for. This would certainly come in handy for those who do a lot of research. I don't, so it's not something I can really get excited about right now. But again, from some of the users comments that I've read, Del.icio.us is the next best thing since sliced bread. Really, I think it all depends on your needs. One of the benefits that people mention is that you can look at other users searches and tags, and even tie into it. It's kind of a social thing I guess, a way to kind of compare notes and help each other out. For me, anything that helps save time is a good thing. So while I may not need it now, in the future if I need to do a lot of research or reference, it looks like Del.icio.us will be a big asset.

No comments: