Friday, August 10, 2007

Week 4, Thing 9

Again some very impressive Blog and news related sites that I was not aware of. There's certainly a wealth of tutorials to help get you started. Merlin looks like a pretty cool site, and I dutifully signed up for that. As far as news feeds go, I thought "TOPIX" was the most impressive. Just by typing in a city and state you get all the latest stories pertaining to that area. (I wonder how newspaper publishers feel about all of this) Syndic 8 seemed a little too busy. I'm sure If I took the time to figure it out, it would be alright. With Feedster I tried typing in health just to see what kind of stories came up, and I ended up with a book about how to flush away fat (I'm not sure I wanna know) Overall though, I learned a lot about RSS and the different newfeeds that are available. Still, at times an old Police song that I thought I had forgotten about came back to me "Too much information running through my brain, too much information driving me insane......." I think I'll dust off a good book and go for a walk in the country now.

No comments: